Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Data Scientists at Twitch influence important decisions and enable evidence-based decision-making at the highest levels of Twitch. Our Advertising product team is building complex, multi-sided markets to help creators earn a living and advertisers achieve our goals. You’ll draw on an expansive methodological toolkit to work on an array of challenging problems including econometric modeling and auction dynamics, pricing and segmentation, and maximizing value for our viewers and advertisers.
- Autonomously identify and pursue research with impact, and make compelling cases for resource allocation, and new product strategy
- Establish product goals and success metrics, create approaches to track the data and troubleshoot errors, quantify and evaluate the data, then develop a common language for all colleagues to understand and drive these KPIs
- Collaborate with specialists in data science, analytics, engineering, and economics disciplines to efficiently develop reliable and reproducible analyses at scale
- Support data processes - provide the team with ad-hoc analysis, automated dashboards, and self-service reporting tools so that all partners are aligned on the state of the business
- Conduct product experiments to understand viewer, creator, and advertiser behavior and inform product strategy and roadmap
- 5+ years of experience (or MS with 3+ years) as a data scientist on a technology product
- Fluency in data-science fundamentals: SQL, data manipulation in R or Python, and statistics
- Expertise in applying supervised and unsupervised algorithms to large-scale data
- Prior work with marketplace or advertising or media products
- Experience with data pipelining from data preparation to analysis to deployment
- Familiarity with AWS
- Excitement to shape the development of a growing team and help millions of content creators and viewers
- Familiar with or uses Twitch
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.