Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Product Analysts at Twitch influence critical product and business decisions and enable evidence-based decision-making at the highest levels of Twitch. Our Advertising product team is building out complex, auction-driven, multi-sided markets to help creators earn a living and advertisers drive business results. Our team seeks an outstanding product analyst with creative problem solving skills, penchant for experimentation, and a demonstrated ability to deliver insights from complex data sets. You’ll draw on an expansive methodological toolkit to work on an array of challenging problems including supply-demand modeling, pricing, product experimentation .
- Autonomously identify and pursue analysis with significant business impact, and make compelling cases for prioritization, resource allocation, and new product strategy
- Prioritize and execute in the face of ambiguity, adapt your tools to answer complicated questions, and identify the trade-offs between speed and quality of different approaches
- Establish product goals and success metrics, create approaches to track the data, and develop a common language for all colleagues to understand and drive these KPIs
- Conduct product experiments to understand viewer, creator, and advertiser behavior and inform product decisions
- Collaborate with specialists in data science, analytics, engineering, and economics disciplines to efficiently develop reliable and reproducible analyses at scale
- Support data processes - provide the team with ad-hoc analysis, automated dashboards, and self-service reporting tools so that all stakeholders are aligned on the state of the business
- 5+ years of experience (or MS with 3+ years) as a data analyst or data scientist on a technology product
- Fluency in data-science fundamentals: SQL, data manipulation in R or Python, and statistics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills on quantitative topics
- Experience working with product teams on setting goals, conducting experiments, and driving product decisions.
- Prior work with marketplace or advertising or media products
- Experience with data pipelining from data preparation to analysis to deployment
- Familiarity with AWS or adept at learning new technologies in the adtech space
- Excitement to shape the development of a growing team and help millions of content creators and viewers
- Familiar with or uses Twitch
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.