Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Data is central to Twitch’s decision-making process, and analysts are an essential component to promote data-driven decision-making in all of our operations. As a Data Analyst of the Engineering Success team, you’ll report to our Senior Technical Program Manager in Irvine, CA and provide data analysis and support for client engineering teams at Twitch, shaping the way success is measured, defining what questions are asked, and scaling analytics methods and tools to support our growing business. Additionally, you will help support the vision for business analytics, solutions architecture for data related business constructs, and tactical execution such as campaign performance reporting. You are paving the way for high-quality, high-velocity decisions making to support growth.
For this role, we're looking for an experienced data analyst who will oversee data instrumentation, dashboard/report building, metrics reviews, inform team investments, guidance on success/failure metrics and ad hoc analysis. You will also work with technical and non-technical staff members throughout the company, and your effort will have a direct impact on hundreds of partners at Twitch.
- Promote data knowledge and insights: manage communications with your partners and other teams, collaborate with both technical and non-technical colleagues to complete complex data projects and ensure all parties can use the insights to further improve.
- Maintain a customer-centric focus: aim to be a domain and product expert through data, develop trust amongst your peers and partners, and ensure that the teams you support have access to results to make impactful decisions.
- Collaborate with partners and mentors to distill the problem, adapt your tools to answer complicated questions, and identify the trade-offs between speed and quality of different approaches.
- Create analytical frameworks to measure team success: partner with diverse teams to establish success metrics, create approaches to track the data and troubleshoot errors, measure and evaluate the data through the use of statistical methods and analysis, then develop a common language for all colleagues to understand these KPIs.
- Support data processes - provide the team with ad-hoc and experiment analysis, automated dashboards, and self-service reporting tools so that everyone gets a good sense of the state of the business.
- 4+ years of domain experience in a consumer internet business, or in a high-velocity, high-growth product or team
- A B.S. or B.A. in a related field
- Expert SQL skills. Tapping into Twitch’s data pipeline will be necessary
- Experience using data to produce insight and achieve our goals
- Fluency in data analysis and communication around data, including time series analysis, experimentation, data visualization, and defining KPI strategy for your business
Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance, 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave, Flexible PTO, Commuter Benefits, Amazon Employee Discount, Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities and Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages), Breakfast & Lunch Served Daily, Free Snacks & Beverages.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status