Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
As a Release Program Manager, reporting to the head of Program Management Office, you are in an important, hands-on, leadership position within the Software Engineering organization. The Release Program Manager will partner directly with all teams within Engineering, working most closely with software eng, GSOC, Operations, Global infrastructure, and management teams. You will be also the point person for communicating release information outside of Engineering. And as Video Platform continues to grow, to directly managing Video Platform software releases, the Release Program Manager will contribute to the evolution and scale of our release process steps so that we continue to provide value to our customers as as seamlessly as possible. You have hands-on release and project management experience.
- Bring the end-to-end release process - for multiple, weekly planned releases, and unplanned hotfix releases.
- Provide project management for operational infrastructure and configuration deployments.
- Identify technical or process improvement opportunities, and partner with Engineering or customer-facing teams to implement them.
- Build the end-to-end release workflows and detailed steps - to ensure delivery of high-quality releases.
- Represent release priorities and align team members through rapid changes.
- Ensure compliance with AWS release standards and processes.
- Ensure change management policies comply.
- Communicate plans, status, and issues within Engineering and to Partners.
- Maintain a focus on high-risk changes going out in a release, and steps are taken to reduce them.
- Improve the release processes and strengthen the definition of release readiness.
- Partner with teams for managing & improving code change control processes.
- Create the tooling, automation, and workflows to manage the releases across multiple projects in Jira and Smartsheet.
- 5+ years in release management in a software development environment.
- Ability to multi-task and keep multiple threads in progress simultaneously.
- Ability to exercise flexibility to quickly change priorities when needed.
- Lead a diverse Engineering team through a software upgrade.
- Sufficient level of technical aptitude to communicate with Engineers, and draw attention to technical risks or challenges.
- May be asked to work evenings and weekends when needed for unplanned activities.
- Communicate within Engineering and with non-technical teams.
- Communication style to communicate with individual Engineers and C-level leaders.
- Keep calm under pressure, maintaining a disciplined approach to communication even in urgent situations.
- Thrive when given an opportunity to build something from scratch
- Focus on the big picture while paying attention to the individual details
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.