Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Would you like to join a team focused on the deployment and operational excellence of web services? We guide education for the teams that build Twitch client applications and the services that power them. These platform teams enhance developer productivity at Twitch and by joining this team you’d create content that does the same thing. We’re looking for a writer to help document new features and improve existing docs based on customer feedback.
As a Programmer Writer at Twitch, you'll work directly with internal software development teams in a diverse, distributed environment. You'll collaborate with software developers and technical program managers to produce high-quality technical content for Go developers and programmers. This role reports to our Senior Product Manager in Irvine, CA.
You have a technical background that enables interaction with Software Development Engineers, Product Managers, and Technical Program Managers. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills. Ideally, you have both a technical background and the ability to deliver high-quality technical documentation. While we don’t expect you to be an expert in all of these areas, we hope you are excited to learn about them!
- Write, improve, and test technical documentation and code examples
- Gather, analyze, and respond to customer feedback and data
- Provide feature and bug input to engineering teams
- Work with engineering teams and product management teams to prioritize work items
- Establish writing projects and determine priorities
- Guide documentation planning with engineering teams
- Support the planning and delivery of developer education programs, like workshops and new hire onboarding classes.
- 3+ years experience writing for developer and technical audiences: blog, product documentation, or technical information
- Experience with web development, cloud computing, IaaS, PaaS, or related areas
- Experience designing, planning, and delivering content projects
- Experience working on or closely with software development teams
- Experience working with agile project management methodologies
- Experience working with Markdown-based documentation systems
- Experience working with Git or similar distributed version control system
- Technical experience in a major technology area such as Compute, Storage, Database, Developer Tools, Machine Learning, Security or IoT
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance, 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave, Flexible PTO, Commuter Benefits, Amazon Employee Discount, Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities and Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages), Breakfast & Lunch Served Daily, Free Snacks & Beverages.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status