Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Twitch is hiring our first Advertising Product Marketing team to join our headquarters in San Francisco. As part of the Advertising Sales organization, responsible for driving revenue from brands and agencies, you will report directly to our VP of Sales Marketing who leads a team responsible for driving awareness, adoption, and deep engagement for our ad products and features in a way that resonates with our advertisers. Twitch is looking for someone to manage the Advertising Product Marketing team, strategy, and execution.
You are both data-driven and can combine consumer, advertiser, market trends and related business models. You will support the full product lifecycle across inbound and outbound phases. Inbound product marketing responsibilities include foundational analysis to identify market needs, opportunity sizing, gathering deep feedback from partners, being the “voice of the advertiser” and running alpha and beta programs. Outbound product marketing responsibilities include leading launch planning including impact analyses, messaging and positioning.
The goal of the Director of Advertising Product Marketing is to grow the team to play a part in ad product strategy by quantifying customer needs and market opportunities to influence the roadmap; improve product-market fit; drive adoption of our new ad products; and serve as the interface between product and sales teams at the ground level. You help define the product and create the feature positioning, messaging, go-to-market plan, driving product adoption, and success metrics to measure the success of these ad products.
You are a seasoned professional with an understanding of advertising products and roadmaps, who is a liaison between the Sales team and our Product and Engineering teams. You will be highly diverse and will work closely with the Sellers, Product, Engineering, Insights, and Sales Marketing teams. You will be also responsible for all product education.
- Collect feedback from individual sellers and regional leads, quantify the value of solving those problems, and work with the Product Managers to get the most essential products and features on the roadmap.
- Conduct thorough quantitative and qualitative analysis to deepen our understanding of different advertiser segments, pain points and product opportunities and inform long-term product strategy.
- Determine what results our products should provide to gain mass adoption.
New product execution and adoption
- Guide early stage product execution with advertisers - work with sales to recruit and onboard clients to our products, collect feedback, distill insights and share with PMTs and engineers.
- Create advertiser adoption of new products by working closely with individual sellers in target markets. Their main indicators to hit product adoption goals
- Provide product value proposition inputs to sales marketing for product launches.
- Promote internal product education and ensure that those who need to know and understand our roadmap have a clear understanding of it
- Build data-backed measurable KPIs for all activities
- 12+ years experience managing product marketing teams
- Product marketing background with at least 5 years experience in the gaming industry, video platforms, entertainment and/or other social media platforms
- Data-driven analytical thinker: able to drive metrics and benchmarks to ensure continuous improvement in process and results
- Sound business judgment; strategic and analytical capabilities
- Ability to prioritize ; ability to adapt to a fast moving environment
- Excellent team player with ability to maintain strong internal and external relationships
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA in Marketing, Business, or related fields a plus
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.