Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Twitch is looking to hire an experienced Data Center Deployment Engineer to provide local and remote support for its Global Edge & PoP (Point of Presence) locations. As a Data Center Deployment Engineer at Twitch, you will help build and maintain a network and computing infrastructure across a number of global locations.
In addition to build-outs and PoP deployments, you will be required to travel between Edge sites conducting routine audits and service assessments. You will also be required to provide remote support to internal teams during scheduled maintenance, operational, and service impacting events.
The role involves some periods working independently from your team and requires the ability to drive change while maintaining excellent communications. You will be asked to manage your time on site and coordinate materials and labour with external vendors to ensure that internal standards are met in the most cost-efficient way possible.
You will have experience building relationships with internal and external customers along with building solutions to meet technical issues as they arise.
You will have previous hands on technical troubleshooting experience and a proven track record for solving complex problems. You will be asked to create project build documentation.
Most of all, you will also have a passion for technology and a desire to be the best at your job every day!
- Facilitate day to day operational management of the planning, installation, maintenance, break/fix support, server hardware operation, and supporting infrastructure at scale
- Ensure an amazing Twitch experience on our infrastructure while working to keep operating costs to a minimum
- Mentoring and developing teammates such that they can run daily operations with minimal supervision
- Assist and support Twitch Infrastructure teams as necessary with the development of new POP sites and Origin Datacenters
- Collaborate with Twitch engineering and business teams around the globe to evolve and optimize processes and approaches in a way to allow Twitch to scale effectively
- Create and improve a culture of ownership, innovation, collaboration and safety
- Collaborate with a wide variety of internal teams including business development, network operations and deployment/provisioning team
Drive the development and implementation of toolsets and processes which support:
- Data-driven operations and decision making
- Efficient equipment installations (servers, switches, routers and storage hardware)
- Timely equipment repair and upgrades
- Rapid troubleshooting of issues with hardware and Linux OS
- Provide reporting and capability to manage to key metrics
- Bachelor's Degree (or relevant experience) in a computer science related field
- 4 + years working in a data center operations environment
- Excellent knowledge of server hardware
- Excellent knowledge of Linux, UNIX administration
- Excellent knowledge of Copper/Fiber Optic Testing/Cabling Standards
- Good networking knowledge & understanding of TCP/IP
- Familiar with electrical standards, connector types, power budget calculations, AC vs. DC, single phase vs. three phase, etc.
- Familiar with datacenter design in relation to heat dissipation and air flow
- International travel (~50%)
- Ability to work independently
- Lift equipment weighing 50 lbs
- Experience working in enterprise data center environments
- Experience dealing with customers during problem resolution and operating efficiently
- Experience managing and driving complex projects to successful completion, ideally with team members in several remote locations
- Understand distributed and service oriented architectures
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.