Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Twitch enables content creators to live-stream content to their communities across the globe. Advertising is a core part of Twitch’s business model, and spans across many product areas. We take pride in our mission to help creators earn a living by entertaining and educating their viewers. On the Advertising team, you’ll work with a passionate and customer obsessed team. We have a growing team comprised of product and engineering professionals based in the Twitch HQ at downtown SF.
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineering Manager to manage all engineering for our Advertising Supply programs. You will report to the Senior Manager of Engineering for our Ad Product team.
Advertising Supply is chartered with building experiences, systems, and services that determine the optimal mix of organic and ad content on Twitch. As the leader of a growing product engineering team of engineers, you will oversee large-scale systems and user experiences that millions of users work with daily. Supply sits at the top of the funnel of our entire advertising business by increasing opportunities to show ads of all formats (video, display, and other), and deciding when and who to show an ad to. To accomplish that goal, we find ways to improve the viewer experience of ads while simultaneously providing streamers with tools and services to manage the advertising behavior on their channels. The success of our supply programs directly correlate with the success of our advertisers, streamers, viewers, and Twitch. Come help us invent advertising in a live context!
- Hire and develop a growing engineering team
- Help shape the roadmap, and inspire a high-performing team to provide the right products for our customers
- Build, own, and operate reliable experiences, systems, and services
- 8+ years of relevant software development experience, including hands-on technical expertise in full stack and distributed systems development
- 5+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
- Experience partnering with product and program management teams to establish and own product roadmaps
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent technical education and work experience
- Solid software development background including design patterns, data structures, testing automation and operational excellence
- Familiarity with all/some of our tech stack: Golang services exposed in gRPC/Protobuf-style RPC framework, infrastructure on AWS (EC2, S3, ECS Fargate, SQS, SNS, Kinesis), GQL and REST at the edge, and React, TypeScript, Redux on the web frontend
- Experience in the advertising industry
- Familiarity with Machine Learning and Applied Math fundamentals
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.