Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
As a Program Manager reporting to the head of the PMO office, you are in an essential, hands-on, leadership position within the Video Platform Software Engineering organization. You will work with multiple teams across the organization, IT and 3rd party applications to evolve and scale our software project management tools. The program manager will be an essential subject area expert in multiple tools such as JIRA, Smartsheets, add-ons, and will help to build a practice for developing and improving our project and resource tracking tool suite, and, leading the documentation.
You will require an experienced Program Manager with a significant level of experience implementing, analyzing tooling needs, working closely with IT and building cross-organizational Operational Process development and improvement.
Major responsibilities include:
- Oversee the software project lifecycle tools such as JIRA, Smartsheet, and add-ons/connectors.
- Create custom workflows, security schemes, custom fields, dashboards, and reports configurations.
- Audit assessment to ensure quality of data across all toolings.
- Be a trusted advisor to partners by identifying ways in which tools can be built and deployed to improve tools’ workflows.
- Onboard new managers, developers, TPM, product managers and others to the tools we use to manage from creation to completion and resource allocations.
- Establish a roadmap for tools based on input
- Consolidate and report customer feedback in a concise, user-friendly format and communicate back to the partners.
- Evaluate tooling gaps and developing requirements to cover the gaps.
- Prepare Requirements Documents for new tools or tooling gaps.
- Evaluate the priorities for new and upgraded tools needed.
- Lead tooling pilots and experiments.
- Create Process and tools repository/Playbook.
- Identify and document all essential tools’ processes
Lead Process reviews and improve the tool’s implementations
- Sufficient level of technical aptitude to communicate with Engineers, IT and draw attention to technical risks or challenges.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Communicate within Engineering and with non-technical teams.
- communication style to communicate with individual Engineers and C-level leaders.
- Keep calm under change in priorities, maintaining a disciplined approach to communication even in urgent situations.
Education and Training:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline preferred.
- 5+ years of experience with Agile methodologies is ideal.
- Experience working with JIRA and other project management tools creating custom workflows, security schemes, custom fields, dashboards, and reports configurations.
- Experience in data visualizations and building scalable reporting tools
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities and Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.