Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
As the Manager, Business Strategy, Video Platform, you would drive strategic decision making for the video platform, and shape the bleeding edge of live streaming services. Twitch delivers over 6 billion hours of video per year today. We have one of the largest Live video distribution networks in the world and a Video on Demand (VOD) delivery platform. At Twitch we are working on building a platform to usher in the next few billions of hours of video to be delivered. The Video Platform organization builds and runs the technology and infrastructure that delivers video.
You will be joining a team that has industry leading live streaming capabilities and is about to launch an exciting new business. We believe video delivery is in its infancy and as we look to the horizon, we want to expand our video offerings to customers and partners beyond Twitch. You will have the opportunity to not only influence the forward-looking vision of the business, but also help launch and grow it, through advanced financial modeling, and development of business cases for strategic growth opportunities. In your role, you would partner with cross-functional leaders across the video organization (senior engineers, infrastructure teams, data analysts, product managers, etc) on mission-critical initiatives by providing business and financial planning, analytical and strategic support.
- Analyze and present historical financial data and business metrics.
- Produce regular forecasts (R&O, OP1, OP2) and bridge variances to plan.
- Conduct rigorous quantitative and qualitative analyses and develop business models for initiatives within video.
- Embed with product managers, engineering, and data analysts/scientists to help drive high-priority projects across the business.
- 3+ years of experience in management consulting or investment banking/private equity top tier firm, or in business strategy and ops or in financial planning and analytics in a high growth technology company.
- Excellent qualitative and quantitative analytical skills, and strategic thinking ability.
- Able to thrive in ambiguity and in a fast paced startup like environment.
- High level of proficiency using spreadsheet applications, including Excel and Google Sheets.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.