Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Twitch is looking for a Revenue Accounting Manager with a collaborative mindset and a passion for process improvement. You will work with teams to ensure accurate revenue recognition. You will (1) review revenue contracts to conclude on proper revenue recognition (2) partner with Sales Operations, Ads Operations and other partners to improve the sales-to-order process and (3) contribute to the SAP implementation. The ideal candidate has experience accounting for contracts with multiple performance obligations, complex non-standard revenue transactions, systems implementations and process automation. You will report to the Director of Revenue Accounting.
- Review sales arrangements to ensure revenue recognition following company policy and revenue recognition accounting standards under ASC 606
- Research accounting guidance and document our position on revenue transactions
- Collaborate with other departments across the business on pending deals and process improvement opportunities
- Perform revenue month-end close activities including preparing journal entries, reconciliations, flux analysis and revenue reports
- Address inquiries/issues related to revenue recognition from collaborators
- Support implementation, and documentation of essential revenue controls
- Work on ad-hoc requests and projects from director or controller
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field
- 3+ years of experience with both public accounting and experience with digital advertising platforms preferred
- CPA Preferred
- Experience in applying ASC 606
- Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets)
- Experience with SAP or equivalent ERP and SalesForce preferred
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities and Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.