Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Data is central to Twitch’s decision-making process, and analysts are an essential component to promote data-driven decision-making in all of our operations. As an analyst at Twitch, you will be in on the ground floor with your team, shaping the way product performance is measured, defining what questions are asked, and scaling analytics methods and tools to support our growing business, leading the way for high-quality, high velocity decisions for your team.
For this role, we’re looking for an experienced data analyst who will help develop the strategy and evaluate/improve product initiatives within our Mobile team. Reporting to our Director of Creator Analytics, you will help us define and track KPIs, support strategic initiatives, design experiments, and evaluate A/B tests. You are a “full-stack” data powerhouse who uses data to drive decision-making to make the best products for our creators and their communities.
- Inform business and product strategy by defining and updating core metrics for each initiative
- Establish analytical framework for your team: ad-hoc analysis, automated dashboards, and self-service reporting tools to surface key data to stakeholders
- Evaluate and forecast impact of product features on creators, viewers, and the entire Twitch ecosystem
- Design A/B experiments to guide product direction with iterative innovation and measurement
- Drive the team’s analysis roadmap and prioritize the most valuable projects
- Tackle complex and identify the trade-offs between speed and quality and apply or route work as necessary
- Dive deep into the data to understand how creator and viewer behaviors change with the evolution of our product
- Act as our team’s thought leader on best practices and move towards long-term vision of sustainable and thriving data processes
- Own data collection and product instrumentation implementation and quality assurance
- Work hand-in-hand with business, product, engineering, and design to influence and inform teammates’ decisions throughout the product lifecycle
- 3+ years of domain experience in a mobile or consumer internet business, or in a high-velocity, high-growth product or business unit
- Expert fluency in SQL-based data manipulation
- Experience building aggregates and optimizing data workstreams
- Experience designing and assessing impact of A/B experiments in a product development cycle
- High level of comfort creating dashboards in Tableau or comparable software
- Independence in determining and establishing data analysis priorities to balance ongoing projects with requests from various stakeholders
- Impact-oriented, customer-centric approach to data analysis
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance, 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave, Flexible PTO, Commuter Benefits, Amazon Employee Discount, Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.), Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily, Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.