Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Twitch is building the future of interactive entertainment. We are looking for passionate ML engineers who are excited to solve challenging and open-ended problems in the creation of automated safety products. As a senior ML engineer on Twitch’s Trust & Safety team, you will build systems which help us better understand user behaviors and multiple types of user-generated content. You will develop infrastructure for next-generation intelligent products using ML models with an outstanding applied science team. You will help ensure that creators and viewers on Twitch can build thriving communities by eliminating negative interactions (harassment, inappropriate content).
At Twitch, which is part of Amazon, you’ll experience the benefits of working in the heart of San Francisco, while using the resources of Amazon.
You’ll find a Requirements section below. If you meet all of these then we encourage you to apply. If you only meet some of them but think you will sound like something you’d be great at, we encourage you to apply. If you meet just one of them but think you’ll bring something unique to the team, we encourage you to apply.
- Build performant, responsive major software web services and large-scale applications
- Embrace and champion engineering best practices within your group and Twitch
- Produce clean, high-quality code, tests, and well written documentation
- Contribute engineering input and feedback into product planning processes
- Partner with fellow engineering teams to deliver on complex programs together
- 3+ years of work experience or relevant experience
- 2+ years of work experience building large-scale production ML systems
- Experience with ML libraries/frameworks such as Keras, Tensorflow, AWS Sagemaker
- Experience with software development in any of the following: C/C++, Go, Python, or Java
- MS in computer science or equivalent experience
- Experience in one or many of the following areas:
- Kinesis or Kafta data streams
- Familiarity with AWS services
- In memory key value stores such as memcache, Redis
- SQL and NoSQL databases
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Disability Insurance
- Maternity and Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities and Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks and Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.