Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Data is central to Twitch’s decision-making process, and business intelligence engineers operate at the forefront of this by creating datasets that improve analysis, decision-making and machine learning pipelines across all of Twitch. You will shape the way that our performance is measured, defining how we transform our data, and scaling analytics methods and tools to support our growing business, leading the way for high-quality, high velocity decisions.
For this role, we’re looking for an experienced business intelligence engineer to join our Viewers analytics team, which is focused on providing product analytics for our product team and pristine data used to train recommendations and search models. Your work will include developing and enhancing data sets and cubes that improve our metrics and machine learning pipelines. In the process, you will interact with technical and non-technical staff members throughout the company, and your effort will have a direct impact on hundreds of people at Twitch.
- Build datasets in Twitch’s data warehouse that represent the source of truth for our key metrics: Dive deep to understand data lineage, implement new dimensions and measures, and write documentation for data consumers
- Keep existing data sources fresh against changing requirements, definitions, and data quality issues. Improve the processes for developing new ones raising the level of quality expected from our work
- Improve reliability and performance: Conduct unit, integration, and system tests on our data sources in order to validate data against source systems, and optimize performance in order to improve query speed and reduce cost
- Improve data discovery and literacy: Create exploration and visualization interfaces in our BI tools and promote the use of these sources across the company through training programs
- 3+ years of experience in business intelligence, data engineering, analytics, or other related roles
- Proficiency in SQL and ETL/ELT in a business environment with complex data sets
- Experience with building data warehouses and dimensional modeling
- Experience with best practices for development including query optimization, version control, code reviews, and documentation
- A mindset and dedication to providing high-quality output
- Comfortable defining ambiguous problems and working with massive volumes of unstructured data
- A passion for games and the gaming industry
- Knowledge of the latest data pipeline tools
- Experience with Tableau backends
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.