Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Like building platforms and tools, hard technical challenges, and enabling video content creators to earn a living doing what they love? Do you have a passion for leading engineers and setting direction for an entire company? If so, you’d be a great fit for the Engineering Manager role in the Identity team. You will report to the Director of Identity and the team oversees all authentication, authorization, and customer/user data for all of engineering at Twitch.
- Lead the team that creates the engineering platform for all of Twitch Identity
- Interact with internal customers to find their pain points and develop solutions alongside them
- Work with internal AWS teams to provide feedback and influence roadmap
- Aid in company wide availability and security
- Mentor the entire company in engineering best practices
- Participate in roadmapping, goal setting and regular reporting of progress
- Make Twitch more productive
- 4+ years as an Engineering Manager in a software development company
- Familiarity with AWS
- Experience with deployment and development tools
- History of working with internal customers
- Knowledge of Go and its ecosystem
- Experience with a monitoring / alarming solution (Cloudwatch or otherwise)
- Experience running high TPS distributed systems
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance, 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave, Flexible PTO, Commuter Benefits, Amazon Employee Discount, Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.), Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily, Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.