Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
The right person for this role will have demonstrated experience building and maintaining front end codebase. You should have thorough knowledge of front end engineering methods, how best to meet latency code in ReactJS or VanillaJS.
- Develop and deliver new music product services and features
- Improve existing APIs and services, with a heavy focus on scale and availability
- Improve engineering processes and tools to increase team effectiveness
- Work across both technical and business focused teams to deliver value to our creators
- You'll identify and uphold frontend engineering best practices
- Work in a supportive team environment with shared code, code reviews, and disciplined quality control; quality begins with the developers on the team
- 3+ years of professional experience developing distributed or high-volume services
- Bachelor's degree or above in Computer Science/Engineering or prior engineering experience
- Experience developing web applications and their backend APIs
- Experience with React
- Experience collaborating with product managers, designers, and other engineering leaders
- Superb communication skills are required--you must be able to explain things to both business and technical audiences
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.