Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Twitch is building the future of interactive entertainment. As a software engineer in the Twitch Viewer Experience Knowledge team, you will help architect and develop next-generation products, which will improve the discovery experience for hundreds of millions of Twitch viewers. We are looking for fresh and new ideas to overcome a range of challenges in the domain of knowledge representation, acquisition, storage and distribution by building and integrating with scalable distributed systems to enhance the discovery experience at Twitch.
- Design performant, responsive major software web services and large-scale applications
- Embrace and champion engineering best practices within your group and Twitch
- Produce clean, high-quality code, tests, and well written documentation
- Participate in code and design reviews with peers and partners
- Mentor junior peers to develop their talent and help them with their growth
- Contribute engineering input and feedback into product planning processes
- Partner with fellow engineering teams to accomplish complex programs together
- BA/BS in computer science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience of Software development in the general purpose programming languages: Go, C/C++, Python, Java
- Experience building applications or web services at scale
- Write production quality code
- Passion for operational excellence and continuous process improvement
- Graduate degree in CS or related field
- Experience in one or many of the following areas
- Familiarity with AWS services
- Search systems such as Elastic, SORL, Lucene, Algolia
- In memory key value stores such as memcache, Redis
- SQL and NoSQL databases
- Building large-scale data pipelines
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.