Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Twitch is building the future of interactive entertainment. Recommendations, matching viewers with live content they greatly enjoy, is core to that vision. As a backend software engineer on Twitch Recommendations Team, you will help design, prototype and implement systems which enable users to discover personalized content.
- Design and implement components in a large-scale recommendation system, consisting of a deep learning training pipeline, serving infrastructure, and feature processing / storage
- Develop capacity and monitoring plans for the services and pipelines you create
- Write maintainable and extensible code with extensive test coverage, working in a professional software engineering environment (with source control, dev/stage/prod release cycle, continuous deployment)
- Collaborate with other applied scientists and engineers across Twitch on problems unique to data products
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, or Bachelor’s and 2+ years experience, or equivalent experience
- Experience in large-scale software projects
- Interest in machine learning
- Experience with Go or Python in a production-ready system
- Familiarity with machine learning algorithms and systems, via coursework or work experience
- Extra bonus points for deep learning experience, particularly with frameworks like Tensorflow and PyTorch
- Work experience or open source contributions in the following areas:
- Data Pipelines
- Machine learning systems
- Recommendation/personalization services
- Multi-tenant systems and writing libraries
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.