Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
We are seeking a motivated Senior Financial Analyst to join our Financial Planning and Analysis team. Their responsibilities will include P&L consolidation, preparation of operational and management reporting, trend analysis, budgeting, forecasting, month-end reporting, and ad hoc analysis to support management decision-making. You will also include communication and presentation to senior leadership while being a strategic partner across the business to promote responsible growth. Your high visibility contributions will enhance our ability to provide analysis and improve informed decisions. You will report to the Senior Finance Manager in San Francisco.
- Process efficiency improvement and housekeeping: The role will be ever mindful of the need to implement processes and improve the efficiency of the existing processes to support our growth; monitor expenditures versus forecasts and budgets; conduct periodic reviews of financial results, understand key variances to plan
- Ensure accurate reporting on all financial metrics and goals
- Develop important financial insights to help ensure we meet our monthly, quarterly and annual targets, and strategic goals
- Analyze current and past trends in measurements for Opex accounts
- Communicate financial results and trends to management, and recommend appropriate course of action when results differ from plan
- Monitor current performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance
- Manage multiple data sources to ensure data integrity and quality of data for OPEX reporting. Partner with partners to ensure agreement of reporting through reconciliation, troubleshooting and resolving OPEX variances
- Evaluate and refine tools to ensure they are efficient, high-quality, and scalable
- 3+ years of finance or operational experience
- BS in Finance or Accounting preferred
- Experience with enterprise reporting applications (preferably SAP, Netsuite, TM1/COGNOS), and finance domain knowledge
- Translate financial analytics into clear recommendations for team members
- Naturally curious to discover different approaches to challenging issues
- Experience working for a larger tech company preferred
- Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets) working with large datasets
- Highest standards of accuracy
- Financial reporting skills
- Systems architecture/design knowledge with SAP or TM1/Cognos
- Previous Tech/Start up experience
- SQL Experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.