Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
We are looking for an accomplished attorney to support global digital music and content projects at Twitch. You will provide counseling in multiple legal areas related to Twitch’s commercial music and content programs, and structure, draft and negotiate agreements to support a variety of transactions with music and content rights holders and talent. You will work directly with the business, serving as lead counsel on transactions, providing daily advice, and resolving issues that arise in existing commercial relationships. You will report to our Senior Corporate Counsel.
- Structuring, drafting and negotiating music and content licensing, distribution, marketing and other commercial agreements
- Provide ongoing legal counseling for music-related projects in many legal areas, including intellectual property, digital media and regulatory compliance
- Coordinate with diverse partners, including the Music team
- Collaborating with legal team members to ensure needs are met and to improve processes
- Remain up-to-date on relevant industry business and legal developments
- J.D. degree
- 5+ years of legal experience as legal counsel
- 2+ years of either commercial or legal experience in music or content, preferably with some portion of that experience in music or content licensing transactions
- Solid experience in the following substantive areas: global music rights, commercial legal transactions
- California Bar admission in good standing (or Registered In-House Counsel status with California State Bar)
- Relevant technical degree or high level of comfort with technology preferred
- A mix of legal and commercial entertainment experience is a plus, particularly in the context of global digital services
- A good sense of humor, and a passion for music and media
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.