Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
We are looking for an accomplished and highly motivated lawyer to support our expanding and evolving operations in EMEA and LATAM. You will be a member of the Twitch international legal team and the Amazon Digital Media group to advise the business on the legal, regulatory and commercial aspects of diverse projects. This is an excellent opportunity to join Twitch’s close-knit legal team, build relationships with Amazon legal teams and have fun tackling the complex issues faced by our business, clients and communities.
You will have a flexible attitude and seek responsibility and autonomy in your role. You will be inquisitive, enthusiastic about media, advertising and technology, enjoy being challenged intellectually, and demonstrate deft judgement, even in ambiguous situations. In return, you will be offered great opportunities to share and develop your skills in an exciting, high-growth media and technology business. Spanish / Portuguese language skills are advantageous.
You will be based at our European headquarters in London and will report directly to our International Legal Director. Some international travel will be required.
- Structure, draft and negotiate commercial and media agreements including in relation to advertising, technology, general services, content and talent, ranging from standard Insertion Orders to one-off, complex, high value transactions.
- Advise and work with the EMEA & LATAM teams on legal, regulatory and commercial issues relating to the strategic development of the advertising sales and content business
- Monitor and advise the business of existing and proposed regulations including in the media, content, advertising and technology industries
- Responsibility for managing Twitch’s EMEA & LATAM position on copyright and trademark infringement and other related issues.
- Manage the resolution of issues that arise in relationships with Twitch's clients, communities and third parties.
- Work with EMEA & LATAM Sales, Partnerships, Finance, PR and HR and the broader Amazon Group and collaborate with other members of the legal team to ensure client needs are met and to improve processes.
- University Degree and legal qualifications
- Minimum of 2 year post qualification experience (PQE)
- Spanish or Portuguese language skills (drafting and negotiating)
- Strong legal and commercial awareness and top-notch drafting and negotiating skills
- Outstanding communication skills
- Experience navigating uncharted waters and working with and influencing all levels of employees and management
- The ability to function as part of an international legal team and to operate autonomously when needed.
- Common sense, enthusiasm and a good sense of humour
- Media, tech, advertising or gaming industry background
- A mix of law firm and in-house experience
- Private Medical Insurance, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, etc.)
- Lunch Served Five Times a Week
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.