Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
The Twitch legal team is looking for an accomplished transactional attorney to support several teams across our dynamic business. You will provide legal and business advice on content partnerships (in gaming and other departments), platform integrations, Twitch studios and esports productions, talent and influencer deals, and several other commercial and IP agreements. You will join Twitch’s close-knit legal team, with team members at Amazon legal, and have fun tackling the complex issues of our user community. You will report to our Senior Corporate Counsel.
- Structure, draft and negotiate content licensing, talent, distribution, marketing and other commercial agreements.
- Counsel teams on many legal and business issues, including intellectual property, technology, digital media, and privacy.
- Coordinate with diverse team members, including business development, partnerships, marketing, sales, and finance.
- Collaborate with legal team members to improve processes and ensure business demands are satisfied.
- J.D. degree and CA bar admission in good standing (or registered in-house counsel status with CA bar)
- 6+ years of experience as a transactional attorney
- 2+ years of experience drafting and negotiating entertainment transactions, preferably in the digital space
- Sound judgment even in ambiguous situations
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- 2+ years of experience at a top national or international law firm
- Prior in-house experience at a media, internet, or technology company
- Knowledge of Twitch, including esports / gaming, UGC services, and digital media business trends
- Understanding of general product and policy concerns for the digital entertainment industry
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.