Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Twitch is looking for a Software Engineer to join our Security Development (SecDev) group. The team designs essential security software and tools that empower teams to keep Twitch secure. We create the building blocks that other teams use in their everyday development. We believe the best type of security software is an easy to use security software and we make that possible. We’re looking for a person that wants to participate in a positive, encouraging team that cares about the people it protects. Does that sound like you, or like someone you want to be? Cool. We would like for you to apply.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of SecDev, you will help provide technical direction for, add essential features and help grow several of the team’s ongoing projects and services. You will also help the team establish future research and development projects with the ability to directly guide and enhance the team’s roadmap. As our services are all essential, you will also help us ensure we meet our availability goals.
This team builds security services and tools that support the many platforms, languages, tech stacks, and technologies across Twitch. As such, on top of being responsible for making sure all of Twitch can be supported by our services, this team also have a solid grasp on security concepts and ensure we’re implementing them correctly. You can expect to learn about all of these as you spend time on this team and as your role expands.
- Maintain and evolve existing react, GraphQL, and Go codebases
- Write maintainable code with test coverage, working in a professional software engineering environment (with source control, dev/stage/prod release cycle, continuous deployment)
- Collaborate across the company to build and improve essential security products
- Identify and help address organization-wide security programs.
- Work on security services and tools including secret management, user to service auth, and service to service auth.
- Set up, maintaining, and scaling AWS infrastructure
- 3+ years doing software development
- 3+ years working in professional software engineering environment
- AWS fluency
- Experience with compiled languages
- Be comfortable engaging with other teams and customers
- You’ve built brilliant APIs/interfaces/software that other programmers love to use.
- Be comfortable with oncall (Twitch believes you build it, you run it, you own it)
- Software development proficiency (Go, Python, Scala, Java, Ruby etc.)
- You know how to ship code in fast, iterative cycles
- A Bachelor’s in Computer Science, or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience
- May be asked to work from SF office
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance, 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave, Flexible PTO, Commuter Benefits, Amazon Employee Discount, Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.), Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily, Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.