Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch.
About the Position
Twitch’s Mobile Engineering team develops viewing applications for the Android and iOS platforms, supporting phone, tablet, and set-top devices. These platforms represent an ever-growing share of Twitch viewership and providing functional and delightful experiences on them is essential to user engagement. As an Engineering Manager you’ll help grow our Mobile Engineering team to support our expanding mobile product scope, while maintaining a very high-quality and stability bar for the applications. You will report to our Director of Mobile Engineering at Twitch.
- Grow the Mobile Engineering team by hiring additional, talented engineers.
- Represent your team in engineering, design, and product discussions with other teams.
- Collaborate with product management to influence product strategy and establish the product roadmap.
- Execute the product roadmap and stability and quality of the product itself.
- Manage the careers of the engineers on your team and ensure their continued growth and development.\
- 4+ years professional software development experience.
- 2+ years experience as engineering manager or team lead.
- Experience shipping user-facing products, preferably for mobile platforms.
- Experience collaborating with product managers, designers, and other engineering leaders across Twitch
- Programming experience and domain knowledge on Android or iOS.
- Familiarity with video compression and streaming technologies.
- Familiarity with web technologies and languages
- Familiarity with scheduling and ticket management tools such as JIRA
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Disability Insurance
- Maternity and Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities and Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks and Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.