Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Twitch is looking for an experienced Data Analyst to join a small but agile team, who will be working cross functionally with the go-to-market functions, including growth, product, content events, and brand marketing teams. You will report into the Ops and Analytics team and will lead insight generation to inform our channel investments (both on-platform and off-platform) and provide guidance on success/failure metrics for very diverse campaigns.
As a Data Analyst in Marketing at Twitch, you will be on the ground floor with the marketing team, shaping the way performance is measured, defining what questions should be asked, and scaling analytics methods and tools to support our growing business. Additionally, you will play a key role in supporting the vision for marketing analytics, solutions architecture for data related marketing constructs, and tactical execution such as campaign performance reporting. You are paving the way for high quality, high velocity decision making to support large scale growth.
- Drive thought leadership around how to use our data to effectively optimize and analyze marketing campaigns that use multiple channels
- Perform deep analyses to measure the effectiveness of marketing campaigns against every stage of the marketing funnel
- Lead the analysis and optimization of event marketing programs
- Build robust dashboards and other self service analytics assets to enable team members to make decisions based on actionable insights
- Maintain a culture of high-quality output and exceptional customer service: effectively communicate at all levels, ensure that work gets done well and on time, respond effectively to unexpected obstacles and reallocate resources as necessary.
- 3+ years of domain experience in performance and growth marketing, preferably in the consumer internet space or in a high-velocity, high-growth product / business
- Expert SQL skills and the ability to wrangle potentially unruly data
- Experience using Tableau or other similar data visualization tool
- Fluency in data analysis and communication around data, including time series analysis, experimentation, data visualization, and defining performance strategy
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in engineering, math, statistics, data analytics or operations research
- Masters degree preferred but not required
- Passion for gaming and media
- Experience with event marketing and physical events space in general
- Python, R or other similar statistical tools
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.