Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
The Strategic Partnerships Lead for the Sports team guides the ongoing success of all Premium Content Partnerships on Twitch. You will establish relationships with sports partners and media companies and oversee the onboarding and ongoing management of partner operated channels, working across a range of other teams.
- Be the primary contact for Partners for all important areas (programming, advertising, marketing, finance) to manage activities such as content promotions, new user acquisition opportunities, Partner payments and reporting.
- Execute Partner hand-off from Acquisitions team once a deal has been accomplished and content is live on the platform, work with partners to agree a plan to support each party’s commitments under the agreement.
- Manage onboarding of new channel partners including channel set-up, reviewing content ingestion and publishing process, teaching partners how to use the dashboard and related features and working with other teams to coordinate the launch of new channels.
- Develop and document processes for execution on Twitch, ensuring detailed workflow to ensure smooth interactions between essential operational contact points at the partner and the team responsible for programming content.
- Provide first level of support to partners through channel or event set up and ensure prompt resolution of questions and issues. Can advocate for the partnership within Twitch and in turn, be a powerful advocate for Twitch in relation to the Partner.
- Understand the Partner’s goals, communicate them internally. Work with Acquisitions to create commercial proposals to secure additional content and use each relationship.
- Work with Programming to develop best practice guides for Partners to get the most out of having content on the Twitch platform.
- Work with Product teams to identify which new products (i.e. Extensions, Co-streaming with Twitch influencers) would add value and audience to the Partners’ content on Twitch.
- Produce monthly reports highlighting important successes/developments/issues for each Partnership.
- Identify ways to improve content discovery and navigation to non-gaming content on Twitch. Improve product offerings by formally documenting and communicating Partner feedback to Twitch Product team.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent qualification.
- 3+ years of strategic account management, technical project management or other relevant client relations experience in the digital video and/or Sports industry.
- Project management skills.
- A good technical understanding of what APIs, SDKs and technical products can do
- Knowledge of Twitch platform as a viewer and/or broadcaster.
- Exist professional relationships with studios and media and entertainment companies.
- Proficiency with CRM, Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets), PowerPoint, Keynote or similar programs.
- Represent Twitch to Partners at a senior executive level and serve as an advocate for Partners within Twitch.
- Experience with content licensing
- Foreign language spoken
- Work experience in EMEA, LatAM or APAC
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.