Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Twitch is searching for an Employee Relations Manager to join the Twitch People and Places team. Reporting to the Lead People Partner, you will establish employee relations processes for Twitch to ensure our organization’s treatment of employees is fair, respectful, and consistent with our business values. With a focus on the US, and an oversight of international, you will review and establish process, policies and training to enable issue resolution and increase manager capability. You will also mentor People Partners to refine their skills in this speciality.
This isn’t just about running a smooth process, as a member of our team, you need to have a solid understanding of our business, a connection to our employees and a passion for our culture. You will develop relationships across the organization which enable you to better understand the employee experience, proactively address pain points, and ensure a workplace where everyone can contribute.
- You will manage important employee relations issues that are highly sensitive and require building trust and collaboration, such as: workplace investigations, consultations on challenging employee situations, manager training. Balancing time between projects and crisis-response is an essential component for success in the position.
- You will also work as a project manager on programs that improve employee relations. For example, you will:
- Develop and deliver employee and manager training modules
- Design, collect, and analyze multiple levels of employee feedback, and conduct and oversee employee relations and vulnerability assessment programs
- Partner on improvement in communication vehicles and practices
- Collaborate with HR and Legal partners to analyze, diagnose, design, and revise people programs, policies, and practices to sustain positive employee relations
- At least seven years direct experience in employee relations, labor relations, or labor/employment law with an emphasis on employee relations work
- Solid understanding of federal and state employment and labor laws, and of a broad spectrum of employee relations matters
- Demonstrated you are a collaborator
- Experience in designing and delivering successful employee relations programs and related training
- A bias for action, and thrive in a dynamically growing environment
- High-quality judgment, sound decision-making capability and handle confidential information with care
- Strong project and time management skills, and are comfortable managing concurrent projects to closure
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.