Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Keep an eye on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Twitch’s mission is to help build multi-player entertainment and grow its global community of creators. As the Esports Production Operations Manager, reporting to the Director of Production Operations, you will be a part of the development of Twitch Esports online studio-based event tournaments and live in-person events and. Twitch Creators are our players and our main customer. You will manage players for Twitch Rivals weekly tournaments from the acceptance of the invitation to check-in for all tournaments and all project management responsibilities. You will help implement live in person events working with the extended team to ensure all players have a positive experience. This is a chance to help build one of the most unique competition series that exists in the entertainment, esports and gaming which blends the greatest of the Twitch community with ground breaking technology. Success will achieve a mulit-player event experience that has no comparison in the marketplace.
- Work with the sourcing/player marketing team to guarantee a clean handoff and great experience for the participant.
- Be the point person for the participant in the 48 hour window leading into the event
- Prepare clear information for players to communicate basic info around the event and FAQs
- Improve manual process steps by identifying opportunities for improvement to raise efficiency and also the quality of shows and events
- Work with the Player Operations and Tournament Operations team to improve player experience
- Manage post event player participation for reporting purposes
- Manage our Broadcast plan for our shows on the road
- Create budgets and monitor costs throughout ongoing life of a program and for new programs and events
- Manage vendors in North America and across the globe in producing competition events
- 5+ years of experience related to live event production
- 2+ years experience building large-scale gaming, broadcast, or sports events
- Experience in Excel / Google Sheets (can perform complex functions) for scheduling, player rosters and comfort working with large datasets and dashboards
- Passion for documenting and organizing information so that it is clear and remains current
- Anticipate issues or miscommunication among many team members and fixing issues before they become major problems
- Deep awareness of Esports player community across all game titles
- Ability to travel to multiple live in person events throughout the course of the year and manager player operations on site
- A deep rolodex of contacts and endemic knowledge of how to use that rolodex to fill gaps. As our workload scales, you know the best professionals in the industry to whom we can outsource this work as needed
- Experience directly with esports live events
- A network of esports and general gaming connections
- An active Twitch presence as a broadcaster, moderator, chatter, or lurker. We’re partial to folks who genuinely love our product
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner served Daily
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.