Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
The Viewer Experience team builds the products that help 100M+ viewers discover and connect with the millions of Streamers creating content. Leading a team of 9 Product Managers (PMs), the Director of Viewer Product oversees Twitch’s sitewide navigation and architecture, recommendations, search and discovery products, notifications, account creation and new viewer on boarding.
The Director of Viewer Product will set a strategic vision which will inspire and directly guide the work of a team of more than 100 Engineers, Applied Scientists, Technical Program Managers (TPMs) Designers and Analysts. Reporting to the VP Viewer Experience, the Director of Viewer Product is one of Twitch’s most senior product leaders, working with Revenue, Creator and Community product teams and the Executive team to ensure a seamless and delightful experience for every member of Twitch’s Community.
- Define and articulate an inspiring vision for Viewer Products at Twitch, synthesizing what you learn through your personal obsession with improving the experience of our customers into a cohesive strategy for the org and the company.
- Manage, Mentor and guide 9 PMs to deliver on the individual experiences that make up your strategy
- Partner with Engineering, Applied Science, Design and TPM leaders to prioritize our work and ensure we’re delivering the highest value products, at the highest quality, to our customers.
- Represent the VP Viewer Experience and Viewer Org in Executive meetings and critical forums, delivering insights about our customers, confidence in our roadmap and accepting and seamlessly incorporating feedback
- 5 or more years of Product Development Experience working at significant scale, with a minimum of 2 years as a PM (we firmly believe that Engineering, TPM and Design experience is valuable for PMs and counts towards time in role).
- At least 2 years of direct people management experience
- A commitment to contributing to the creation and maintenance of a diverse and welcoming work environment
- A Computer Science background OR at least 2 years directly working with Machine Learning teams
- Experience with “zero to one” development, either at a start up or on a completely new team/product line/technology
- Direct experience with Discovery, Notifications, Search or Video Products
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.