Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
You will join the team that is bringing the excitement of live sports onto Twitch. This includes transforming top tier events and other premium content into high-quality multiplayer experiences. You will help us build the foundation that lets creators share premium sports content with their entire community. We are on the cutting edge of online entertainment and is changing the way people watch.
We are looking for a developer who can lead and has experience building scalable products while owning them end-to-end. You will have a passion for building large-scale, high-performance, distributed systems, and creating products to delight millions of creators and viewers all over the globe.
- Work with product and engineering teams to determine architecture to support new experiences
- Create, test, and document services that enable streaming premium content
- Scale and improve existing APIs and services used to power the sports streaming experience
- Proficient coder with 5+ years of experience in one or more of the following: Go, JS, C#, Java, Scala, C++
- Experience working in a service-oriented or microservice architecture
- Experience working with AWS or similar cloud platform services
- Experience or interest working with modern web technologies
- Strong foundation of data structures and algorithms
- Knowledge of sports and/or gaming
- Have built distributed systems
- Past full-stack experience with React and GraphQL
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.