Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Twitch is looking for a Director of Engineering - Recommendations to lead our recommendations platform team. As the Director, you will lead the development of next-generation recommendation systems using state of the art in machine learning (ML), with a world class team of engineers and scientists. You will use your experience running effective organizations and scalable processes to help scale your team, and ensure that large projects with complex components are delivered with high-quality. You will work cross-team with product and program leadership, and will see your work used to power discovery products across Twitch. You will work towards helping Twitch viewers and content creators build thriving communities, by allowing viewers to find relevant content and helping creators get discovered.
- Lead an engineering team to achieve quality software with accurate timelines
- Develop engineers and scientists with a focus on both technical development and positive team culture
- Participate in road-mapping, goal setting and regular reporting of progress
- Design solutions to alleviate customer pain points
- 2+ years as an Engineering/Science Manager in a fast paced company.
- 6+ years of overall technical experience, including deep technical knowledge of data centric production systems or ML/analytics projects
- Demonstrated team building skills – ability to hire and develop staff members, and to bring people together
- Experience with data centric production systems or with ML/analytics projects
- Experience delivering systems or products with a focus on quality and customer satisfaction
- Ability to explain technical concepts to senior leadership and to non-technical audiences
- 5+ years of people management experience including managing managers
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, or a related field
- Advanced knowledge of AWS and big data analytics technologies
- Deep knowledge of recommendation algorithms and systems
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.