Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Twitch is looking for a Security Engineer to join our Security Architecture & Engineering group. The team is responsible for designing and implementing key security controls and event monitoring technologies, providing input on Security concerns across the company, and being general Security subject matter experts for all kinds of various needs. We’re looking for a person that wants to participate in a positive, encouraging team that cares about the people it protects. Does that sound like you, or like someone you want to be? Cool. We would like for you to apply.
This team is focused on the following responsibility areas of information security. You will focus on one or more of them. You can expect to learn about all of them to some degree as you spend time on this team and as your role expands. We do not expect that you’re an expert in all of these responsibilities. We want you to be familiar with several of the team's responsibility areas, or well versed in one of them and interested in the other areas. We know that lots of good people don't give themselves enough credit for their own competency. If you think that you're interested, and that you may be qualified, please contact us. You cannot waste our time. Let us worry about our time.
You’ll find a Requirements section far below. If you meet all these then we encourage you to apply. If you only meet some of them but think this role sounds like something you’d be great at, we encourage you to apply. If you meet just one of them but think you bring something unique to the team, we encourage you to apply.
- Proactively identify security flaws and vulnerabilities. Spend time thinking both like an attacker and defender
- Build security tools and systems to solve capability challenges
- Evaluate the impact to the organization of current security trends, advisories, publications, and academic research.
- Conduct sophisticated security reviews - from high level web application architecture to OS level parameters in order to meet security goals
- Recognize, adopt and instill good practices in security engineering fields throughout the organization: development, cryptography, network security, security operations, incident response, security intelligence, and more. We’re building good habits across the org
- Exercise risk-based judgment, and to help teams to make the right security calls
- Design and coordinate cohesive security-centric strategies and toolsets to achieve our team’s goals
- Fulfill periodic on-call responsibilities
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or 3+ years equivalent technology experience
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience with focus in areas such as systems, network or security
- Strong demonstrated knowledge of web protocols and an in-depth knowledge of Linux/Unix tools and architecture
- Demonstrated software development proficiency (Go, Python, Perl, Java, etc.)
- Comprehension of algorithms and processes for programmatic automation via scripting or programming languages (Go, Python, Ruby, shell, perl, etc.)
- Well-rounded background in host, network and application security
- Maturity, judgment, mentoring, nurturing, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills, and team leader skills
- Particularly strong communication skills
- Must be willing to work from SF office
- Strong AWS fluency
- You’ve worked with Go before.
- Masters from a Technical Science, Engineering, or Statistics program
- You love working with people and love to facilitate customer feedback
- Creative problem solving ability and a bias towards action.
- Avid user of Twitch with a passion for the Twitch community
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.