Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to excellent esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch.
About the Position
As a part of our Memberships engineering team, you will report to the team's leadership and develop the experiences that are the foundation that connect millions of users to the thousands of active communities on Twitch. You will contribute to product design and solve complex technical problems at scale that directly impact creators and the communities who support them. Your contribution will ensure creators and their communities continue to grow and encourage new viewers and creators to join and support their own communities.
- Work with engineering managers, product managers, technical leads and other engineers to develop and deliver interactive experiences that positively impact our broadcasters
- Contribute to the architecture and design of the solutions and services that power interactive experiences on Twitch
- Collaborate closely with your team on architecture, implementation, and overcoming obstacles
- Obsessively care about the customer’s experience
- Build high-quality code, accept feedback on your code and provide feedback to others.
- Proficiency in designing data structures, data modeling and schema design
- Proficient Front-end and Back-end coding skills in modern languages and frameworks such as: Golang, React.js, Angular, and Ruby.
- 1+ Years experience developing software in a professional environment
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Prior success at building compelling interactive experiences at scale in the gaming, social media or entertainment industries
- Familiar with building software and services using AWS technologies such as DynamoDB, Elasticache, Lambda, Step Functions and EC2
- Familiarity with Twitch communities, gaming or streaming your content on Twitch
- Bring your dog to work
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages)
- Lunch Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.