Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Continually learn about all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Position
Twitch enables content creators to live-stream content to their communities across the globe. The Partnerships team is a core part of Twitch’s efforts to attract established creators to adopt streaming and retain the program’s partner base by managing relationships and driving incremental value wherever possible. Partnerships takes pride in developing an industry-leading reputation for growing streamer’s careers. We aim to grow an outstanding, creator-first service and improvement-focused organization.
As Head of Strategic Partnerships, North America you will lead a diverse team focussed on onboarding, offboarding, driving excellent service and daily account management of Twitch’s top-tier creator talent across North America. This includes full-cycle acquisition of new creators from strategy formation, ideation, procurement and execution. Adjacent to custom onboarding, offboarding and account management, the team serves as an advocate for a range of opportunities (Money, Fame, Love) for partners by strategic programs that see cross and intra-departmental support (Esports, Studios, Marketing, and PR). You exhibit talent management experience, a customer service mentality and the ability to work under evolving timelines are important competencies. As a manager, you will lead an expanding team of accomplished professionals.
- Shape and improve excellent account management practices from conception to implementation in partnership with Content team team members
- Profiling, engaging and building custom programs for our top creators to promote incremental value
- Iterate and build on the vision of strategic programs tailored to our top creator needs
- Operationalize ad-hoc programs and manage team bandwidth accordingly
- Meet annual community focussed growth targets
- Build reporting standards across the team
- Form important intra and cross departmental relationships required to unlock improvement opportunities for partners and that which service broader company programs
- Create efficiency in process and workflow optimization, setting the standard and overall output quality
- Identify and own an acquisition pipeline of top tier talent.
- Lead a team of people managers and individual contributors focused on servicing our top creators
- Establish operational priorities, and driving performance by identifying risks early, planning contingencies and reacting to issues in real-time.
- Acting as a senior voice and champion of Twitch partner and creator needs across the Twitch business
- Identify new off-platform creator growth opportunities that are compatible with Twitch’s business model, keeping on top of industry trends in partnership with the Strategy & Analytics team
- Identify opportunities for improvement across the team to always raise the quality of acquisition and retention of creators (partners)
- Manage and allocate budgets and monitor costs
- Methodologically, in partnership with Analytics team members, determine top creator contributions to the business in a portfolio approach
- Report to senior management, the SVP of Content and Twitch’s executive team
- Lead efforts to increase the quality and efficacy of partner account management
- Design tactics to aid in the future support of creators across lifecycles
- Work with technical and company partners to brainstorm and develop roadmaps for internal tooling (e.g. CRM)
- Set the bar across the team concerning talent management standards as the industry evolves
- 8+ years of experience in enterprise client or agency side account management or publisher side community building / user acquisition
- Experience with leadership and mentorship of personnel within large organizations
- Experience presenting how plans will meet organizational goals
- Provide value-added recommendations to enhance our systems and programs
- Experience with project manage, work backwards, and plan for results
- Navigate a multiple-partner environment as part of a diverse team. You know how to get support from all levels while continuing to achieve success within your team
- Experience creating and improving processes. You don’t just inhabit a role; you make it better, and are willing to help others improve their roles as well
- The forethought to thoughtfully escalate problem areas in advance.
- A wealth of clever ideas to remove or work around project blockers. You believe process is important, but not at the expense of results
- 6+ years experience directly with creators and developing creator careers in a talent management, agency or platform role
- A historical Twitch presence as a streamer, moderator, chatter, or lurker. We’re partial to folks who genuinely love our product
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.