Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Learn about all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Position
Twitch is rooted in the behaviors gamers love the most: live, interactive, shared experiences. The Twitch service has created a host of features including extensions, drops, co-streaming and chat that, combined with our community, create an infinite number of opportunities to develop what we call “Multiplayer Entertainment.”
As such, Twitch is always evolving with creative ideas and concepts being developed every day. Just as important, our creators are discovering new ways to engage with fans. We will pair our knowledge and resources with creators to re-invent the definition of entertainment, and in turn, create Twitch to be the premiere place where fans can experience live, interactive, shared experiences.
Twitch is looking for a candidate to shape and oversee how our content shows up in the real-world at events like TwitchCon, E3, and more internationally. This involves an understanding of what makes the at-home and in-person experiences equally rewarding and unique to us.
- Lead the production planning of large-scale events including concept design, budgeting, vendor selection and integration into other Twitch departments
- Oversee on-site management of all personnel and vendors from setup through production and breakdown
- Work across the company as the contact for content at live events
- Organize teams efforts for efficiency and quality to bring to life all live interactive and physical aspects of our teams content and experiential vision
- Oversight of event operations including staff, vendors, schedules, meetings, broadcast and other essential functions
- Focus on innovation, by developing programs and activations to surprise and delight the community at each event
- Work with the sales organization to ensure that all sponsorship obligations are integrated to the event
- Maintain budget from pre-production through project completion and ensure all cost tracking is completed post event
- Manage contracts, receipts, invoices and all other event materials
- Help select and manage external agencies and ancillary vendors
- Exceed agreed upon goals for each event
- Identify opportunities for improvement to always raise the quality of shows and events
- 3+ years of experience with leadership within live production demonstrating an ability to take a creative concept and build an engaging show
- Notable event production experience in major live, on-location events
- Experience developing large-scale gaming, broadcast, or sports events
- Knowledge in Excel / Google Sheets (can maintain complex spreadsheets) for budgeting and scheduling
- Passion for documenting and organizing information so that it is clear and remains current
- A willingness and availability to travel
- A deep rolodex of contacts and endemic knowledge of how to use that rolodex to fill gaps. And as our workload scales, you know the best professionals in the industry to whom we can outsource this work as needed
- Experience directly with live gaming events.
- A network of Twitch and general gaming connections. Some of our best ideas come from our friends and Partners.
- An active Twitch presence as a broadcaster, moderator, chatter, or lurker.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.