Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch.
About the Position
Twitch is building the future of interactive entertainment starting with Twitch Studio. This exciting new product has the potential to change not only Twitch but the streaming industry. The team is expanding to keep up with the demands of our broadcasters, and we’re looking for an engineer with a background in creating intuitive and delightful interfaces for our broadcasters.
As a Full Stack Engineer, you will report to our Engineering Manager and develop the products that our broadcasters use every day to stream. Our job is to ensure that every broadcaster on Twitch has a great experience, from the first-time streamer checking out the platform to the 50k+ viewer streamer making a living on Twitch. You will create new and exciting products both for Twitch Studio and for other 3rd party streaming software.
If you are passionate about helping creators on Twitch grow and succeed, this is the place for you!
- Work with the Twitch Studio Team and others to build high quality Twitch products and broadcaster experiences
- Become familiar with the existing Twitch browser-client technology stack
- Contribute to architectural, design, and process discussions involving the technological choices involved in building Twitch’s browser-based clients
- You’ll identify and uphold frontend engineering best practices
- Work in a supportive team environment with shared code, code reviews, and disciplined quality control; quality begins with the developers on the team
- A degree in Computer Science, a related Engineering discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Familiarity with AWS
- Experience with React
- Experience building back-end services
- Experience shipping user-facing products, preferably for desktop platforms.
- Experience collaborating with product managers, designers, and other engineering leaders
- Programming experience and domain knowledge on Windows or Mac.
- Architectural experience creating highly-scalable web or desktop applications.
- A solid understanding of best practices and techniques regarding web scalability, performance, and security.
- Experience building Go services
- Familiarity with audio/video compression and streaming technologies.
- Experience with chromium embedded frameworks such as Electron.
- Passion for video games and streaming experience is a big plus.
- Experience streaming or with streaming software is important.
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Disability Insurance
- Maternity and Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities and Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages.)
- Breakfast and Lunch Served Daily
- Free Snacks and Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.