Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on Linkedin, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Position
This is a fantastic opportunity for a world class data science leader to create their own footprint by having the opportunity to put their own insights into processes, and be the owner of analytics ensuring the right insights meet the appropriate teams across the organization. In this capacity the VP will build and manage the data science, analytics, and research teams that are focused on supporting efforts around application feature development, customer acquisition, customer lifecycle, video programming, video delivery, and more. We are looking for someone who has a stellar track record of leading data workers to deliver projects on time and on budget while keeping things fun, agile, and dynamic.
In this challenging role the VP will be expected to deliver world class data driven insights yielding actionable recommendations across all the company while simultaneously building a world class data science, analytics, and research organization.
Comfort with highly complex problem spaces, demonstrated strong attention to detail, and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. Obsession with the long term development of high performing teams through rigorous goal-setting, disciplined performance metrics, continual process improvement, and perpetual mentorship and coaching. Candidates should possess relentlessly high standards for their team and have demonstrated success in attracting talent with equally high standards. Executive leadership skills that allow influence on company wide strategy and potential to successfully build a foundation of trust, knowledge, and integrity.
- Extensive experience leading a data team that delivers on key goals while also being involved in the determination of those goals as well as strategic direction
- Minimum five years managing data scientists, analysts, researchers, or similar.
- Minimum three years working deeply with behemoth data sets.
- Strong track record in leading teams having 40+ people
- Strong track record in developing successful data workers at all points of their career.
- Strong track record in delivering high quality data science, analytics, and research on schedule.
- Experience managing multiple projects comprising short and long development cycles without
- Experience managing a complex mix of projects and working closely with other parts of the
business to communicate and deliver against multiple simultaneous goals.
- Deep experience developing successful analytics solutions to real world business problems.
- A progressive management style emphasizing openness, collaboration, and shared goals.
- Outstanding collaboration skills with a proven ability to work cross functionally in order to
establish and meet shared organizational goals.
- Strong critical thinking, analytical abilities, technical knowledge, and experience.
- Exemplary communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- PhD in a data oriented field or equivalent work experience.
- You are Twitch user yourself
- Familiarity with Twitch community and gaming space
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.