Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on Linkedin, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Position
The Science team drives evidence-based decision-making throughout Twitch. We are researchers and leaders who advise product and business decisions and identify ways to use data and models to develop new capabilities. We are an interdisciplinary team leveraging experts in analytics, data science, and user and audience research to improve the world’s leading live-streaming platform.
Our team seeks an outstanding interns with demonstrated experience delivering insights from complex data. We prize creative problem solvers with the ability to draw on an expansive methodological toolkit to understand the unique Twitch environment. Our problems include attributing values to actions in complex, multi-sided markets and helping diverse creators discover their drivers of success. The ideal candidate combines great intuition with data-science acumen to grapple with these and other challenges and guide decision-making at the highest levels of Twitch.
- Drive Twitch’s knowledge of users and creators through ownership of research projects from data collection to model development, estimation, and validation
- Balance short-term projects with long-term, foundational and/or transformative research
- Identify and pursue research with significant business impact, and make compelling cases for prioritization and resource allocation
- Collaborate with specialists in data science, analytics, engineering, and economics disciplines to efficiently develop reliable and reproducible analyses at scale
- Deliver well-documented datasets, tools, and reports to key technical and business stakeholders
- MS in computer science, economics, statistics, or highly related field OR 2+ years experience on a data, research, or applied science team OR equivalent applied research experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills on quantitative topics
- Fluency in data-science fundamentals: data manipulation in R or Python, SQL, and statistics
- Keen judgment for balancing research depth and pacing
- Housing & competitive stipend provided
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
- Flexible PTO
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.