Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to excellent esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch.
About the Position
Twitch Security is the team charged with measuring, understanding, and improving Twitch’s security posture and culture, anchored by a core tenet to defend the customer and their data. We’re looking for a Technical Program Manager (TPM) to join the Twitch Security team and help lead its company-wide programs. This role reports to our Director of Information Security.
TPMs at Twitch apply their organizational and technical skills to correctly capture requirements, plan for dependencies, and make their teams more efficient. The Security TPM role is both diplomat and advocate, and is trusted to represent the Twitch Security team to both customers and partners, internal and external. You will determine goals, measure progress, manage requirements, and clear blockers.
TPMs help guide the team’s roadmap and the successful candidate will have a unique opportunity to apply the lessons of their past successes and failures to a growing program. You will solve new problems unique to Twitch as well as old favorites, and help build a company-widen security culture focused on protecting the customer.
Please consider the responsibilities detailed below to be a mix of expectations and opportunities. We don’t expect everyone to already be great at everything. Everything sounds great except for one or two things? Please ask about them. Want to support our team without being on it? Please consider other security roles at Twitch.
- Grow delivery of large and diverse programs while simultaneously tracking a set of smaller projects.
- Work with Twitch’s product teams, throughout the product’s life-cycle. Recognize and instill good practices from security engineering fields throughout the organization.
- Guide strategic planning, leading discovery by closely partnering with engineering leads to develop program plans, including roadmap, dependency identification, and resourcing.
- Establish and promote adoption of program frameworks, tools and best practices. Share your program management knowledge with engineering leadership teams. Lead post-program analysis to guide future programs.
- Escalate urgent issues and driving them to closure promptly.
- 3+ years of experience as a technical program manager in software/web development organizations.
- BS or MS degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
- Technical knowledge and ability to contribute to technical designs discussions, proactively identify challenges and risks, working closely with engineers on addressing challenges and form mitigation plans.
- Consider the larger picture (e.g., efficiency, availability, operability, scalability, business goals, customer experience). Balances against the needs of engineering teams who have to develop features for the life of the technology. Incorporate these requirements into project plans.
- Understand agile product development methodologies, and their application to manage programs.
- Years of demonstrated experience working in security.
- Understand cloud-based applications
- Avid user of Twitch with a passion for the Twitch community
Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance, 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave, Flexible PTO, Commuter Benefits, Amazon Employee Discount, Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.), Breakfast & Lunch Served Daily, Free Snacks & Beverages.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.