Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Position
The Twitch legal team is seeking an experienced paralegal to support a number of teams across our business on potential disputes and litigations, responses to governmental authorities, enforcement, and marketing/intellectual property matters. This role is an excellent opportunity to join Twitch’s close-knit legal team, build relationships with counterparts on Amazon legal teams and with our outside counsel, and have fun tackling the complex issues of our user community.
- Provide exceptional, responsive, and customer-focused user support in effectively resolving legal questions or escalations from our Trust and Safety (customer support and moderation) teams while managing legal risk for the company
- Manage a number of disclosure queues, such as responses to customer inquiries in connection with privacy rights, general user requests, and litigation and regulatory inquiries and others
- Conduct detailed and timely factual investigations, collect relevant records, and create accurate, complete, and relevant summaries of facts in connection with incidents, investigations, disputes, litigations, and regulatory responses
- Manage intellectual property (trademark and copyright) enforcement and disputes in conjunction with internal business teams, Amazon legal teams and outside counsel. Investigate potential infringements, preserve evidence, initiate and pursue notice and takedown procedures or cease and desist letters, and, if necessary, coordinate further legal action
- Review marketing and promotional materials to ensure compliance with company policies and applicable legal requirements on content clearance, messaging and disclosures. Create trainings and best practices for delivery of marketing legal review
- Design, develop, refine, and simplify legal processes by recommending and implementing systems and process changes to increase efficiency, support scalability, and ensure quality (such as established and documented SOPs and reporting against SLAs)
- Manage supporting legal teams and outside counsel for quality assurance, timeliness, compliance with expectations, and progress against goals. Prepare and communicate regular reports of data (such as volume, status, outcomes) regarding matters. Organize and maintain required records and documentation in connection with matters
- Collaborate with legal team members to improve processes and ensure business demands are satisfied.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent; paralegal certificate required
- 5 years + of paralegal work or equivalent experience, with at least some experience in a company setting
- Experience supporting litigation, dispute management, regulatory responses, and/or intellectual property enforcement within a law firm or in-house legal department
- Familiarity with laws and rules applicable to intellectual property and consumer protection (e.g. clearance, advertising, claim substantiation, promotions, and consumer privacy) and experience conducting legal review of marketing and promotions materials
- Analytical, with meticulous attention to detail, and ability to investigate, understand, synthesize, and provide legal guidance on complex facts. A curious, critical thinker, with excellent judgment and problem-solving ability and the ability to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways
- Outstanding communications skills, including written, verbal, and interpersonal skills, and an ability to adapt to varying audiences
- Collaborative, demonstrated team player, who can easily work in a business environment with colleagues across legal, product, marketing, content, support and others to gather relevant information, coordinate stakeholder input, and ensure timely resolution of matters
- Strong organizational and project management skills; autonomously manage heavy workload and juggle competing priorities to meet tight deadlines and driving larger projects to completion
- Appreciate incorporating data into legal decisions, and passionate about inventing or improving good processes to scale legal operations
- Comfortable with potential exposure to difficult material. Trustworthy and maintains high ethical standards and professional integrity at all times. Handles highly sensitive information with complete discretion
- Positive energy, enthusiasm, flexibility, confidence, an easy-going attitude, and a great sense of humor
- Strong interpersonal skills and collegial attitude, collaborative team player who cherishes working with others.
- Relevant technical degree or high level of comfort with technology.
- Experience with games, media or technology industry; experience with online and UGC services. Savvy -- with technology, social media, and cultural references.
- Previous Program or Project Management experience
- Experience working on creation or customization of tools used by legal teams
- Notary Public
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.