Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Position
Twitch is building the future of interactive entertainment. Every part of the work we do is with the goal of making Twitch even more efficient, resilient, and responsive.
We are rapidly expanding our infrastructure worldwide and are looking for someone who can help facilitate the growth of the Twitch Network.
The Twitch Global Infrastructure Planning and Acquisition Team is directly involved and responsible for the strategy, acquisition, implementation, and relationships with strategic vendors and partners to expand and grow the Twitch's network footprint across the world.
As part of this team, the Technology Sourcing Manager is the relationship owner for the Twitch Equipment and Software Suppliers:
- Lead the vendor sourcing, selection, contract negotiation, quote reviews and management of multiple suppliers in alignment with the business strategy. Ensure a competitive sourcing environment leading to continuous improvement in Engineering Services, Quality, Business Management, Contract management, delivery and cost responsibility.
- Actively engage the Hardware Engineering, Network Services and Business Operations organizations, and the suppliers on multiple products/product lines to achieve the company objectives.
- Be a point of escalation for teams engaging and ordering from software and hardware vendors.
This role is suited for someone looking to work with multinational companies on a global scale, who is excited by rapid growth and is willing to chart new territories and define new processes where there is none.
These high profile responsibilities require significant breadth and business acumen as the responsibilities are very diverse and impactful.
- This requires that the Technology Sourcing Manager be both an advocate for the supplier within Twitch and be their harshest critic to ensure the best possible performance. Upon success, the Technology Sourcing Manager will instill a forward-thinking collaborative and mutually-beneficial long-term relationship with a holistic point of view, not just a product or single supplier perspective – a business owner.
- Technical - Solid understanding of the supplier landscape and capabilities in addition to technologies and manufacturing / testing methodologies.
- Negotiation Skills – Able to negotiate best in class contract pricing, terms and conditions on large contracts with suppliers who are exceptionally skilled at protecting thin margins. Exercise good judgement in knowing when and how best to address issues or drive change.
- Contract Management – Ensure that the suppliers execute and adhere to the contracts and renegotiate whenever possible to realize benefits from bundling work with Strategic Suppliers.
- Financial – Responsible for managing the business relationship including contracts, pricing, terms and conditions, quotes. Must be an effective negotiator. The value of these supplier engagements can reach the multimillion-dollar level.
- Relationship Builder – Must have the ability to engage, influence and arbitrate both the supplier and the Twitch stakeholder organizations at the operational and Sr. Executive levels. The circumstances are often emotional and with severe pressure and limited time. Must build strong business cases and have a strong executive presence.
- Maintain an ongoing score card for the vendors they own the relationship for.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain Management or Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years experience in high volume manufacturing operations or sourcing environment
- 7+ years direct experience in supplier / supply chain management
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Fluent in English.
- Procurement experience for large-scale global technology companies
- Familiarity with world-class sourcing methods and tools
- Ability to solve problems and coordinate with cross-functional teams
- Ability to be innovative in issues related to strategic sourcing, vendor relations, quality assurance and the associated measurement systems
- Strong analytical skills (i.e. cost modeling, quotation analysis, supplier selection)
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.