Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Keep an eye on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Position
The Global Talent Business team owns the full cycle business relationships with global talent agencies and representation organizations that serve Twitch’s top global creators. The Director, Content Acquisition will work with agencies and organizations on new deal generation and deal renewals for prospective and current top partners. The Director will lead content acquisition negotiations on behalf of Twitch in collaboration with key company partners. Additionally, the team ensures successful post-signing go to market planning across the relevant teams at Twitch. You have a rich history of closing and bringing to fruition deals in the entertainment industry and new media and able to negotiate terms that benefit Twitch communities.
- Drive renewal efforts for top Twitch partners, managing contract negotiation and execution across all partners.
- Identify and recruit individual content producers and other content creators
- Establish relationships with external strategic partners such as talent agencies and management companies
- Use data analysis to support content acquisition and renewal efforts
- Represent Twitch in both endemic and new content markets at events across North America
- Educate partners on Twitch products and best practices
- 8+ years of deal making experience
- 8+ years experience in an external facing role with a digital content distribution platform, content studio, MCN, talent agency or similar
- You have existing professional relationships with agencies, management companies
- Interpret and summarize data to support deal structuring
- Experience with business modeling and strategic analysis
- Travel to industry conventions such as VidCon, Comic-Con, etc.
- Familiarity with the Twitch platform as both a user and broadcaster
- Existing relationships in the content creator community
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.