Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Position
The Sr People Operations Specialist will be based in our new Singapore location and responsible for the day-to-day support and delivery of people processes and programs for employees in our APAC region. This role will also serve as the HR lead and point of contact (POC) for international expansions in these areas, as well as help shape our employment practices through research, benchmarking, and using our preferred global approach. It requires knowledge of statutory and compliance requirements in these regions, as well as program management experience with the ability to scope, balance and deliver a range of complex projects in partnership with the rest of the people team and business. In addition to their APAC focus, as a member of our global people operations function, this individual may lead or participate in global operations projects.
- Serve as the lead for the ongoing operational delivery of people processes and programs for the APAC region including employment, policy, immigration and relocation
- Serve as the HR POC for international expansions in APAC and facilitate communication, coordination, planning and execution across the People team and business partners
- Maintain knowledge of current and upcoming changes to employment laws and best practices. Work closely with Twitch’s legal team to ensure we are always in compliance
- Support a positive employee experience by being a connector to other teams and resources within HR and the business as well as a problem solver for employees in the region
- Support our global workforce throughout their employment lifecycle, including completing new hire orientations for all APAC offices; tracking contract start and end dates; partnering with external vendors and hiring managers to begin, end, and extend employment contracts in accordance with local laws and regulations; maintaining employee data in our systems, and responding to employee questions and issues via our ticketing system
- In partnership with the Workplace and IT teams, resolve employee issues and questions regarding their work environment and equipment
- Document employment practices, procedures, policies in local languages. Maintain internal informational wikis
- Additional tasks and projects as assigned to support our global operation and evolving people practices
- Experience helping drive and establish HR operations policies, programs, activities for APAC countries as aligned to a global structure
- Proven experience managing complex, global projects and programs
- Extensive employment compliance knowledge and experience in a rapidly growing company expanding globally
- Ability to effectively build relationships and work remotely with partners and stakeholders across multiple time zones and geographies.
- Proficient with Workday, and reporting tools
- Problem solver with a proven ability to think creatively about how to approach compliance in a culture that craves freedom
- Strong listening skills and history of building productive cross functional relationships and establishing high regard with employees.
- Highly organized, with a demonstrated capability to summarize, clarify, and communicate ideas simply, succinctly and accurately
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field, or equivalent experience
- Technical proficiency with Greenhouse and ZenDesk
- Medical Insurance
- Health Screenings
- Life Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off