Location: 1 New Oxford Street, London, WC1A 1NU
Open date for this role: 04/12/2019
Closing Date for this role: 31/12/2019
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on Linkedin, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Position
Twitch is looking for an analytical, passionate and independent Content and Product Policy Manager to join our Trust and Safety team in London, reporting to the Global Policy Lead in San Francisco. The Policy Manager will act as the EMEA policy lead and work closely with our product, operational, content and partnerships team to build, apply and communicate internal and external guidelines. They will take the lead in shaping internal policies that channel both company values, community voices and regional voices for new content, products and features hosted across Twitch.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated individual contributor with experience working independently on a distributed team, with a history of success working on policy development, and community management, and safety teams. The role requires fast-paced research and writing, with a critical analysis of the scale and scope of policy options, and will include some irregular work hours to handle safety-related escalations on our service, including weekends.
- Build global policies and processes that impact broad reaching issues of safety, supporting our community and our creators.
- Critically analyze inputs from internal stakeholders, including international and legal & Comms teams, as well as the Twitch community to define long term global and localized policy stances, standards, and strategies.
- Act as a regional subject matter expert, gathering feedback from stakeholders on questions related to the EMEA region.
- Act as the regional escalation point of contact for high-profile and grey area policy issues
- Communicate policy philosophies and changes to internal and external stakeholders, including management.
- Engage with regional external policy makers, trade associations, key opinion leaders, and councils.
- Travel regularly to San Francisco headquarters, 4-6 times a year to start.
- 6+ years of demonstrated success and subject matter expertise in product, content, or public policy, or legal with an emphasis on user generated content.
- Experience working with user generated content and licensed content services and the surrounding policy environments
- Has experience with end-to-end creation of new internal and external policy guidelines.
- Experience working with consumer technology brands that have global impact
- Experience working as an individual contributor with high capabilities of managing through influence
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Sound business judgment; strategic and analytical capabilities
- Ability to project manage with emphasis on prioritization and multitasking; ability to adapt to a fast moving environment
- Excellent team player with ability to maintain strong internal and external relationships
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required; JD or Advanced Degree a plus
- Must be comfortable working with highly sensitive and/or disturbing content
- Moderation or community management experience
- Familiarity with Twitch product and community
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, etc.)
- Lunch Served Five Times a Week
- Free Snacks & Beverages