Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Position
The User Experience Research team is a dynamic team of mixed methods researchers. We champion a human-centered approach to product. We bridge the gap between our users, designers, product managers, and engineers to build empathy, inform strategy, and identify opportunities to improve the Twitch experience.
As a User Experience Researcher, you will be responsible for informing our research roadmap and priorities, leading research programs, and evangelizing best practices throughout Twitch.
- Design and conduct qualitative and ethnographic studies that inform product design and strategy; translate data into results that have a clear, direct impact on product development
- Collaborate with product teams on research opportunities and best practices at all stages of an agile product development process
- Conduct strategic, cross-company research projects and report findings to product and business leaders
- Effectively communicate research findings to diverse audiences through writing and presentations; represent user research in key product discussions
- Identify and execute on high-impact projects, triage external requests, and bring projects to conclusion in time for the results to be useful
- 4+ years expertise in a variety of industry-centered qualitative research methods, such as semi-structured interviews, contextual inquiries, usability studies, diary studies, unmoderated remote studies, paper prototyping and surveys
- Previous experience applying these methods directly to an industry product development process is required
- Track record of producing impactful, high-quality research that shapes product decisions
- Understanding of qualitative analysis and reporting methods suitable for the fast pace of industry; ability to quickly shift the methodology and scope of research projects to meet short deadlines while collecting the best possible data and delivering actionable results
- Previous experience working with human research subjects; experience with a mix of lab-based studies, fieldwork and online research desirable; ability to effectively create screening criteria, recruit research participants, build rapport, and moderate studies
- Background in HCI, sociology, applied anthropology, social psychology, design research or related field; advanced degree preferred
- You can teach us something new! We love to hire people who are way more knowledgeable than us in some area (tools and methods) and can be good teachers and mentors
- You have experience working on accessibility-focused research
- You have first-hand experience conducting research across a variety of devices, including desktop computers, smartphones, gaming consoles and media players
- Basic understanding of statistics and quantitative data analysis
- Familiarity with usability lab video recording equipment
- You already know a lot about online communities, online video, video games, or Twitch
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Lunch Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.