Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Position
Twitch is looking for an analytical, passionate and independent Content and Product Policy Specialist to join our Trust and Safety team in San Francisco, reporting to the Global Policy Lead in San Francisco. The Policy Specialist will work closely with our product, operational, content and partnerships team to build, apply and communicate internal and external guidelines. They will take research and recommend internal policies that channel both company values and community voices for new content, products and features hosted across Twitch.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated individual contributor with experience working in policy development, enforcement, or public policy. The role requires fast-paced research and writing, with a critical analysis of the scale and scope of policy options, and will include some irregular work hours to handle safety-related escalations on our service, including weekends.
- Manage the pipeline for policy request intake, prioritization, and stakeholder feedback for the policy organization.
- Critically analyze inputs from internal stakeholders, including international and legal teams, as well as the Twitch community to define long term global and localized policy stances, standards, and strategies.
- Help build and clarify global policies that impact broad reaching issues of safety, supporting our community and our creators.
- Contribute to investigations of high-profile and grey area policy issues
- Collaborate across key product, moderation, content, marketing, public relations, business development and sales stakeholders to define and articulate Twitch’s perspective on content and product policies.
- 2+ years of demonstrated success and subject matter expertise in product, content, public policy, or legal with an emphasis on the technology industry
- Ability to project manage with emphasis on prioritization and multitasking; ability to adapt to a fast moving environment
- Experience working with user generated content and licensed content services and the surrounding policy environments
- Experience working with consumer technology brands that have global impact
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Sound business judgment; strategic and analytical capabilities
- Excellent team player with ability to maintain strong internal and external relationships
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
- Must be comfortable working with highly sensitive and/or disturbing content
- Moderation or community management experience
- Familiarity with Twitch product and community
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.