Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Position
We are looking for a backend software developer to join the Identity team at Twitch. We are building solutions to make a Twitch Identity the most recognized and trusted gamers identity.
This is a technical role that builds heavily on internet standards for authentication and authorization on Twitch platform and our partners. Our products are highly scalable and highly available worldwide. As we level up our architecture and features, you will have the opportunity to influence design decisions, tooling choices, and every last detail that makes us the best product we can be.
- Provide world class identity and data privacy management services for the Twitch community
- Increase the availability and security of our products
- Solve complex problems that span teams, services, and customers
- Level up our organization as a whole with industry best practices and data driven technology choices
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
- Strong data structures knowledge
- 2+ years working in Service Oriented Architectures
- Actual experience developing, testing, releasing and supporting scalable web applications
- Familiarity with authentication, authorization, federated identity, identity management or data privacy management
- Working with Amazon, Facebook or Google identity solutions
- Experience implementing application security or data privacy requirements
- Game development experience, especially around player accounts
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Lunch Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.