Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch.
About the Position
Twitch’s Mobile Engineering team is responsible for developing viewing applications for the Android and iOS platforms, supporting phone, tablet and set-top devices. These platforms represent an ever-growing share of Twitch viewership and providing functional and delightful experiences on them is essential to user engagement. As an Android Software Engineer, you will make major contributions to a rapidly-evolving, native app that is a portal to the Twitch community for millions of users.
On the Mobile Ads team, you’ll be part of a talented, passionate, and customer-obsessed team working to prove Twitch is the best advertising platform for creators and advertisers alike. As the leader in live-streaming, Twitch is home to unique opportunities and challenges in the mobile space. If you’re excited about joining our team and having an outsize impact on Twitch and its creators, come work with us!
- Develop and deliver new product features for our Android application
- Improve engineering processes and tools to increase team effectiveness
- Work across both technical and business focused teams to deliver value to our creators
- 2+ years of application development experience on Android
- Strong proficiency with Java, Kotlin, and the Android development ecosystem
- Communicate complicated technical problems to both technical and business audiences
- Knowledge of VAST/VPAID standards
- Bachelor's degree or above in Computer Science or relevant field
- Experience with mobile video playback through AVPlayer
- Familiarity with video compression and streaming technologies
- Familiarity or experience working with GraphQL APIs
- Knowledge of C, C++
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.