Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Position
The Central Science team at Twitch is central to evidence‐driven decision‐making. We are a cross-functional team of researchers with a variety of expertise in marketing research, analytics, and user experience research.
We help teams across Twitch understand our customers - their mindset, perceptions, needs, and habits. We partner with leaders across marketing, content, product, and strategy to inform Twitch’s customer strategy, build a culture of deep customer empathy, and measure the impact of these strategies in the world. You will be responsible for working with leaders across Twitch to design, execute, and communicate research insights that drive decision making, build customer empathy, and make an impact in the marketplace. You will have deep research expertise and relentlessly high standards that helps build out team processes and best practices, and raises the bar on what rigorous, compelling research looks like at Twitch.
- Identify and work backwards from key business and audience questions, to design, manage, and deliver quantitative and qualitative research projects.
- Partner with senior stakeholders across marketing, content, strategy, and product on how to apply research learnings and persuade teams to take action.
- Synthesize research insights and learnings across a variety of research source (third-party, primary research, and on-platform behavioral data) to build customer understanding and empathy.
- Contribute to team research processes, best practices, and education resources to raise the bar on research execution and application across Twitch.
- Manage third-party research vendors and conduct primary research using Twitch internal tools.
- Work closely with your colleagues in user research, marketing analytics, and data science to deliver cross-functional insights and research.
- Experienced marketing research/consumer insights professional with deep expertise leading research projects across a variety of methodologies including surveys, IDI’s, focus groups, ethnographies, and campaign measurement/effectiveness research.
- Proven track record of partnering with senior, cross-functional leaders to develop research and drive impact.
- Excellent project management skills with experience managing third-party research vendors, scoping research projects, managing timelines and budgets, and conducting hands-on research.
- Persuasive communicator both in written reports, presentations, and everyday relationship building. Able to not just deliver insights, but change minds and drive decision making across entire teams.
We encourage candidates to apply who have held the responsibility above, regardless of years of experience or educational credentials. But we roughly expect candidates to have:
- BA/BS degree in Business, Marketing, Social Science, Statistics, or Psychology preferred. Advanced degree is a plus.
- 5+ years of experience conducting brand or marketing research
- 3+ years in an internal consumer insights organization at a consumer product/technology company
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance 401(k)
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off‐site massages, etc.) Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.