Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Position
The Consumer Communications Director will be responsible for building narratives, campaigns, and stories that promote an understanding of and interest in Twitch and our community.
You’ll work closely with a number of teams internally including partnerships, marketing, and content to promote who and what is streaming on Twitch; as well as product marketing and product management to develop strategic and creative plans to launch new features, communicate updates, and keep our communities informed on the benefits of what we’re building.
- Develop and execute consumer media strategies for creators and content categories including gaming, music, and traditional sports
- Lead communications for Twitch’s annual community event in North America, TwitchCon
- Identify opportunities to engage creators and viewers around current events or other company, cultural or industry moments
- Establish a deep understanding of Twitch’s products and develop stories that translate those concepts to broad consumer audiences
- Develop and nurture relationships with key lifestyle, culture, and gaming reporters
- Act as a trusted, strategic thought partner to peers and executives
- Craft the foundational materials needed to deliver compelling, consistent narratives
- Help to manage company response for crisis and emerging issues, working across Twitch to craft messaging and respond quickly and effectively
- Identify and support executive speaking opportunities
- Manage US agency partner
- 8+ years of experience in public relations or journalism, including experience working in-house
- Strong, established relationships with a broad range of media and outlets
- Experience working closely with high-level executives
- Experience managing PR agencies or teams
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and comfort acting as a company spokesperson
- Ability to exercise sound business judgment in fast-paced, changing, and sometimes ambiguous situations and environments
- Enthusiasm for Twitch and our community
- Experience in entertainment, media or user-generated content businesses
- Experience supporting large-scale company events
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.