Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Position
Twitch is seeking a Director, Go-To-Market (GTM) Strategic Operations to work with the COO and GTM leadership team. The role will drive productivity enhancements, streamline strategic initiatives, oversee program management, and ensure aligned objectives between teams. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in a strategic business management role, with a focus on facilitating executive-level decisions and driving cross functional collaboration.
The Director Strategic Operations will plan and direct all operational and financial initiatives for the COO, organize and prioritize critical issues, triage information to ensure effective decision making, and lead strategic projects against key goals to support GTM functional priorities. The successful candidate will develop a comprehensive understanding of Twitch’s business strategies and operational processes, create new policies and processes to improve business operations and support the execution of Twitch corporate strategy.
Reporting to the COO, you will lead execution of both operational and strategic projects, be a trusted adviser, serving as a sounding board to inform and, if necessary, challenge decisions; applying both internal and external perspectives (partners and community). You will promote fact-based decision-making and efficient execution across teams, acting as the ‘connective tissue’ that links our GTM efforts to our strategy. The ideal candidate has experience working closely with senior executives, a high level of business and financial acumen, customer empathy, and the ability to work collaboratively across teams and organizations.
Key responsibilities will include:
Operationalizing Strategic Initiatives and Priorities
- Working closely with the COO and GTM executive team, you will develop cross functional strategic initiatives, build business and operational best-practices, and drive execution.
- You will be responsible for identifying solutions to the strategic challenges and opportunities facing Twitch’s GTM teams as we serve our communities. As we grow it will be increasingly important to identify opportunities to drive efficiency across our organization, ensure that both our services and teams can scale, and we are structured effectively to drive maximum value for our business and communities.
- You will analyze opportunities, synthesize findings, develop go-forward plans, and act as part of the ongoing team to translate recommendations into results
Executing Business Operations
- You will drive highly visible strategic projects and activities for Twitch including developing a deep understanding of our business drivers and competitive environment, as well as analyzing and optimizing the performance of current offerings
- You will apply an organization-wide leadership lens to translate strategic directions and priorities into short-term and long-term business plans that incorporate opportunities for scalable growth
- You will define, develop and own initiatives that remove blockers and improve the overall performance of Twitch
- You will drive outcomes for key company initiatives and to help coordinate cross-functional results
- Highly productive: Ability to be highly productive with no oversight on a day to day basis. This role is intended for somebody who will take meaningful responsibility and initiative for shaping and executing upon key initiatives to deliver our mission and strategy. Demonstrated resourcefulness in establishing priorities and proposing new paths to achieving desired outcomes.
- Structured thinker: Develop and leverage frameworks to help structure the team’s thinking, facilitate alignment on key decisions among various stakeholders, and identify the 80/20 opportunities to reach insightful, actionable answers without boiling the ocean with analysis overload.
- Established strong analysis and presentation skills: Complete quick and high-quality qualitative and quantitative analysis. Someone who is obsessive about the data but can marry it with qualitative information to drive decisions and take appropriate action. Must have the ability to interface with senior executives across the organization.
- High-energy, company first, positive attitude: Must be motivated to work hard in a fast-paced environment. Ability to embrace ambiguity and pivot to pursue new opportunities. Dedicated and passionate – once you’re in, you’re in.
- Experienced cross functional leader: 8-10 years experience in business management, corporate development or other highly cross functional leadership role.
- You are Twitch user yourself
- Familiarity with Twitch community and gaming space
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.)
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.